In medicine, depression is termed as a mental condition mainly characterized by severe despondency and dejection. Feeling sad is normal due to daily challenges that each one of us goes through such as general life’s struggle and deprived self-esteem. However, in the case of intense sadness characterized by long-term feelings of helplessness and worthlessness, it could in no doubts be critical depression.
To understand and get helpful information on how to battle depression, these tips are very important so everyone needs to know them:
1. Depression affects anyone.
2. If you have depression, you are not alone.
3. Depression is a real mental illness.
4. Depression is treatable.
Depression affects anyone
Different people are affected by depression in different ways depending on the cause and how they handle the effect. Some victims of depression may have a relatively large amount of mental energy to cope with depression hence they will show fewer symptoms. Others will severely be affected hence prolonged exposure to critical sadness will make the condition fatal.
• In women. Depression is more common in women than in men or children. Depressed women mainly experience symptoms of guilt, worthlessness, and sadness. This is because their hormonal, psychosocial; lifestyle and biological factors are totally different from others.
• In men. Depressed men are more likely to be abusive, feel irritable and tired. The more common case of untamed depression condition is suicide where it is estimated that more men do it.
• In children. Their reaction and effects as a result of depression are relatively the same before puberty. They may feel not interested in studies anymore, fake illness or refuse to eat.
• In teens. This is the most tricky and difficult moment for both parents and guardians who deal with teens who have depression. They totally tend to engage in negative behavior by generally feeling that they neglected.
If you have depression, you are not alone
Many people suffering from depression build a self-supportive mechanism. This is because they perceive that they are alone in this condition. However, this is not true because all of us experience some difficulties at each point of our lives. So you are not alone in this.
Depression is a real mental illness
It may seem as the behavioral situation for the case of sad people, but when it comes to depression, there is critical mental damage that in turn affects other body parts.
Depression is treatable
Anyone with depression should start an initiative of talking to a doctor regardless of their situation. This is the best way to open up and start treatment process.